As we approach the end of the year, the editors decided to come together to share some of their favorite articles of 2022. These articles challenged us to rethink ideas and explore new ones, from the war in Ukraine and the Dobbs decision to ecological disaster, community resilience, and the theology of hip-hop. There was so much ground to cover, in fact, we decided to share our favorite 15 pieces. We’re looking forward to bringing you more stories and analysis in 2023!
1. Learning from Las Hermanas, Amirah Orozco
2. A Supplement, Not a Substitute, Santiago Ramos
3. The Reform Was Real, Shaun Blanchard
4. Tears and Ashes, Vincent Miller
5. What Makes Ukraine Different, John Connelly
6. A Wonderful Complexity, Rita Ferrone
7. Counter-Spells, Alejandro Nava
8. A Whip of Chords, Phil Klay
9. Keep Looking, Clifford Thompson
10. My Mother’s Honeymoon, Mary Gordon
11. Abortion After Dobbs Symposium
12. The Making of Raphael Warnock, Gary Dorrien
13. A Barren Eden, Solmaz Daryani
14. Who Will Save the Bronx?, Eileen Markey
15. Are We Protagonists Yet?, Susan Bigelow Reynolds
From all of us at the magazine, we wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Please email comments to [email protected] and join the conversation on our Facebook page.