DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Commonweal is seeking a highly organized development, marketing, and events associate. This role will be focused on our marketing, communications, and fundraising initiatives, including email and social media marketing, special events, cultivation of individual donors, and partnerships with foundations and other organizations. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and highly organized with great attention to detail and strong writing skills. This is a full-time position, and can be fully remote if desired. (A hybrid role, with occasional presence in our New York office, is also possible.)
Primary responsibilities include development database management, donor and prospect research, creating reports, corresponding with donors, and processing acknowledgement letters. Additional duties include assisting with fundraising and other events, including the bi-annual gala, events leading up to Commonweal’s 2024 centennial, and ongoing conversation series and virtual and in-person events.
The successful candidate will have significant opportunities to develop skills in development and marketing, and to gain increased responsibilities over time.
- Manage Salesforce database and recordkeeping to carefully track, acknowledge, and report gifts (including data entry and analysis)
- Assist with donor and prospect research
- Create donor correspondence for Vice President of Advancement related to invitations, meeting requests, and solicitations
- Provide administrative and technology support to the Director of Marketing and Audience Development
- Assist with all appeals, including maintaining lists, creating materials, and processing mailings
- Create donor presentations, research briefings, and materials for donors
- Assist with all special events, including correspondence, communications, and follow-up
- Coordinate meetings for development team internally and externally
- Support other development and marketing functions as needed
- Provide administrative and technology support for reader research, virtual and in-person conferences and events, and digital marketing campaigns
- Assist with the curation and distribution of promotions to colleges/universities and parishes
- Prepare regular statistical and financial reporting, e.g. circulation summaries, renewal performance, email and direct mail campaign performance statistics, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Work and/or internship experience relevant to the position; experience in a nonprofit or media/publishing environment would be a strong plus
- Some experience with database management, marketing communications, and/or social media; strong Word and Excel skills a significant plus
- Strong ability to communicate in writing in a range of forms and contexts; outstanding proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle relationships with stakeholders with tact and maturity
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and to work independently and efficiently in a remote environment
- Interest in Commonweal's mission
Salary and Benefits: Commonweal offers competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in the position to [email protected].