App for iPhone/iPad/Android Tablet
If you are a print subscriber to Commonweal, and already a registered user of Commonweal's website, you are entitled to free premium access to our app on your iPads,iPhone, or Android tablet.*
*Our app sadly does not work on Android smartphones or on iPads without Apple iOS6 or higher. We expect to improve this situation during 2014.
Before you download the app, make sure you have a username (your e-mail) and password to the Commonweal website. If not, click "Login/Register" at the top right-hand corner of any page on the site. Underneath “User Account,” click “Create New Account.” After you’ve entered all your information, check the box “Subscribe to Commonweal,” and click “Create Account” You will then be brought to a page showing your name where you will enter your 7-digit print subscription number and zipcode. (Your print subscription number can be found (beginning in 00) above your printed address on the magazine.)
Get it for iPhones and iPads
1. Download the App from the App Store
2. The app will download into your Newsstand. Open your Newsstand and tap Commonweal.
3. Once in the app, tap the "gear" icon in the top right corner.
4. Do not select “I have a print subscription,” though it seems intuitve. Instead, tap “Sign In.”
5. You should now see at least one issue of the magazine with a "cloud" icon next to it. Tap that icon to download. You will know the issue has downloaded successfully when the "cloud" changes to a "View" button. Depending on how recently you subscribed to Commonweal, the number of past issues to which you have access may be limited. You will know you don't have access if there is a "Buy" option next to an issue.
Get it for Android Tablets
1. Download our app from the Google Play Store.
2. The app will download onto your home screen.
3. Once you have opened the app, you will see a Commonweal 'C' and 'Issues' at the top of the screen. To the left of this 'C' there are three verical dots. Hit those dots and a menu will drop down. Hit "sign In" and enter in the username and password you use for the Commonweal website.